MN Women's Care Provider Profile
Dr. Emily Myer
Throughout her educational career, Dr. Myer has shown a unique talent for explaining complex conditions in the most understandable terms. She earned teaching awards as a resident and has significant experience presenting information on urogynecological treatments to her peers. Her outstanding communication skills are especially important at Minnesota Women's Care where we pride ourselves on providing clear, understandable information to our patients so they can make informed decisions about their own care.
What it means to you
Dr. Myer is trained as a female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery physician – more commonly called a urogynecologist. This means she has completed additional training in the treatment of complex pelvic floor disorders in women. As a urogynecologist, Dr. Myer works with women who are experiencing pelvic floor disorders, like incontinence and prolapse. She has the perfect combination of academic achievements, experience, leadership, and commitment to personalized care.
Dr. Myer's View of Patient Care
Dr. Myer has a fundamental understanding of women's needs and how their physical issues can impact their quality of life. Here's what she says about her approach:
"I became an OBGYN to help care for women throughout their lifetime. I enjoy getting to know my patients personally, understanding where they come from and how their gynecologic concern is affecting them.
A big part of my job is to educate women on available options, both surgical and non-surgical, and make a treatment plan that fits my patient's needs using minimally invasive therapies when feasible. I have a special interest in treating women with pelvic floor disorders to help them return to a good quality of life."
Emily Myer, MD, FACOG
What our patients say about Dr. Myer:
- I knew all about Dr. Meyer’s qualifications from reading everything available on Minnesota Women’s Care web pages, including reading Dr. Meyer’s CV, and looking over her publications. What I couldn’t discern from the internet was my experience during my visit with her. Simply put, her interpersonal skills are as impressive as credentials. When she enters the exam room, you might think that you are her only patient—she takes as much time as is necessary to explain test results, present options for treatment, and answers as many questions as you have. This belies the fact that she is super busy. I did a lot of searching for a urogynacologist. I am so grateful to have found Dr. Meyer. I was at my wits end due to my incontinence, but Dr. Meyer has given me hope that I will be able to live a normal life. What a gift she has given me.
- Dr. Myer is good at what she does. You will have everything explained to you. You will know immediately that she is one of those doctors that is exceptional.
- Dr. Emily Myer is an exceptional doctor. She takes her time and explains everything to you.
- Dr Myer is great! Very understanding explains everything thoroughly & listens to the patient. She never makes me feel rushed & has given me options for the treatment with outlining the pros & cons. Great experience!
- Dr. Myer is exceptional! She is extremely knowledgeable very caring and a great listener who answers questions in an understandable way and takes the necessary time to explain issues. She is one of the very best doctors I have ever had! I trust her completely.
- Amazing staff! They listen to your issues and address them. Super kind and caring. Also, very knowledgeable! love Dr. Myer!
- Dr. Myer is an incredible doctor! I recently had surgery with Dr. Myer and she has been amazing through the entire process. From diagnosis, making a care plan, pre-op and post-op she has listened to my concerns, is detailed in her explanations of things, and has been so incredibly caring! She has been such a blessing and I highly recommend her!
Dr. Myer's knowledge about urogynecology treatments is exceptional. An article on which she was the lead author was among those selected as mandatory subject matter for urogynecologists applying for recertification this year. (Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery board-certification).
Interestingly, Dr. Ashford discovered the article when he was going through his board-recertification and read her article. Dr. Myer, true to form, never told us about this honor or her achievement.
We are so proud of her as a physician, author, and colleague. Here's a link to the article we're talking about: American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology
Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery,
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Additional Training and Education:
Summer Institute of Epidemiology and Biostatistics,
Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN
Credentials & Affiliatations
Dr. Myer is a member of both the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the American Urogynecologic Society. She is also a member of Society of Gynecologic Surgeons, (associate), Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and the Gold Humanism Society – an organization that "honors senior medical students, residents, role-model physician teachers and other exemplars recognized for demonstrated excellence in clinical care, leadership, compassion and dedication to service."